Sustainable Development Strategy for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and
Accelerated Implementation Programme for Merged Areas launched at High
Level Dialogue with development partners in Islamabad. Finance Minister
KP Taimur Jhagra, Chief Secretary KP Kazim Niaz, ACS P&D Shakeel
Qadir, and representatives from donor funded agencies were part of the
Accelerated Implementation programme has the following five major pillars:
- Building responsive and accountable institutions.
- Enhancing human potentials.
- Expanding economic infrastructure
- Creating sustainable economic opportunities.
- Instituting sustainable natural resources management.
These five pillars cover all the priority sectors which include education, health, governance, agriculture, roads and tourism etc.