The 5th meeting of Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) was held
under the Chairmanship of Mr. Shakeel Qadir Khan, the Additional Chief
Secretary P&D Department Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on 10th September, 2020.
The meeting was attended by members of PDWP and concerned departments.
The forum considered 13 projects pertaining to Multi-Sectoral
Development, Urban Development, Water, Transport, Sports & Tourism
and Agriculture sectors for the uplift of the province. The forum
approved 13 Projects with an estimated cost of Rs. 10165.230 million.
Approved projects of Multi-sectoral Development sector were:
1. IFAD Assistance project for Rural Economic Transformation – Concept Paper
Component – I: Poverty Graduation and Youth Employment Generation (USD 60 million)
Component – 2: Community Development Support and Socio Economic Infrastructure (USD 40
2. Clearance of Contractors\' liabilities, Compensation / Arbitration Awards, Court decretal amounts and escalation in FATA. [MA]. Sub Head: 191664-1 Liabilities of Contractors (FIRM) of Solarization in the Tribal Districts South Waziristan.
3. 191673 - 170026-lntegrated Development in Arang / Barang and Mamond / Salarzai Areas, in District Bajaur. [MA]
Approved projects of Urban Development sector were:
4. Waste Disposal Projects in Major Towns of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
5. Safe City Hayatabad Project.
6. F/S & Rehabilitation of Sewerage / Solid Waste Treatment Plants in Peshawar & Divisional Headquarters
7. Peshawar Uplift Programme Sub Head: Improvement of various traffic congestion in district Peshawar (Zone D) (identified by UPU & Transport Department.
Approved project of Water sector was:
8. Construction of Flood Protection walls/ irrigation channels/Installation of Irrigation tube wells at Ucs Daoba, Darsamand, Torawari, Naryab, Naryab-II, Tall urban, Tall Rural, Karbogha Sharif, Dallan Distt Hangu.
Approved projects of Transport sector was:
9. Establishment of Transport Planning and Traffic Engineering Unit (TPU).
Approved projects of Sports & Tourism sector were:
10. Upgradation of football ground at Qayyum stadium, Peshawar.
11. Establishment of 2 Sports Stadium (1 for UCs 64/65/92, 1 for UCs 42/80), Peshawar.
12. Establishment, upgradation & Rehabilitation of Sports Facilities (AIP).
Approved project of Agriculture sector was:
13. Establishment of Agriculture University at Swat.