The 7th meeting of Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) was held under the Chairmanship of Mr. Shakeel Qadir Khan, the Additional Chief Secretary P&D Department Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on 2nd October, 2020. The meeting was attended by members of PDWP and concerned departments. The forum considered 41 schemes pertaining to Industries, Mines & Minerals, Elementary & Secondary Education, Higher Education, Agriculture, Information, Local Government, Health, Multi-Sectoral Development, Roads, Water and Finance sectors for the uplift of the province. The forum approved 34 schemes with an estimated cost of Rs. 50186.423 million while 7 schemes were deferred due to inadequate designs and were returned to their respective departments for rectification.
Approved schemes of Industries sector were:
1. Provision of Gas & Independent Electric Feeders in Existing SIDB SIEs in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
2. Development of Small Industrial Estate on Bannu Miranshah Road, NW (AIP).
3. F/S & Establishment of Industrial Estates in Merged Districts (AIP).
Approved scheme of Mines & Minerals sector was:
4. Establishment of Mining Cadastral System.
Approved scheme of Auqaf sector was:
5. Capacity Building & Skill Development of Students of Deeni Madaris.
Approved schemes of Elementary & Secondary Education sector were:
6. F/S for Establishment of Cadet college at Haripur and Dir Upper.
7. Establishment of 100 Primary Schools in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
8. Upgradation of 100 High schools to Higher Secondary level (B&G) on need basis in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
9. Construction of Examination Halls in Schools on Need Basis (AIP).
Approved schemes of Higher Education sector were:
10. Provision of Stipends and scholarships for students of Merged Areas (AIP).
11. Strengthening of BS Programme (AIP).
12. Provision of staff to existing colleges (Commerce + General) (AIP).
13. Establishment of Government Degree Colleges in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on need basis. Sub-Scheme: Establishment of Govt: Girls Degree college Matta Khararai, District Swat.
Approved scheme of Agriculture sector was:
14. Establishment of Agriculture University at Swat. Sub Head: 190546-1 Establishment of Agriculture University at Swat.
Approved schemes of Local Government sector were:
15. Municipal Services Delivery Project. (USAID Assisted). Sub Head: 110326-3 Establishment of Project Management Unit.
16. Construction of Slaughter Houses in Selected Tehsils of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
17. Establishment of Bus Terminal at Tehsil Level in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
18. Construction of Fruit & Vegetable Market in Selected Tehsils of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
19. Development Works in UC 36,42, 43, 44, 48, 64, 65, 66, 69, 70, 71, 80, 92, Peshawar.
Approved scheme of Finance sector was:
20. Capacity building & Strengthening of the Finance Department.
Approved scheme of Health sector was:
21. Re-Construction of Barikot Hospital and Upgradation of RHC Chuprial into Category-D Hospital Swat.
Approved schemes of Multi-sectoral Development sector were:
22. Piloting Innovative Ideas to address key issues of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: Tele- Farming-100m, Tele-Medicine-100m , Digitizing GoKP Payments-10m, One-Touch Rescue-5m, Satellite remote sensing of minerals-9m, Youth Facilitation Center-10m and others.
23. Special Integrated Area Development Package for North Waziristan District.
24. Least developed districts uplift programme (Kolai Palas, Battagram, Tank, Kohistan Upper, Shangla, Buner, Chitral (Upper & Lower) and Hangu.
25. Malakand Area Development Programme.
26. Regional Development Initiatives for achieving SDGs (inclusive liabilities under SPDI, PP & DDIs).
27. Peshawar Uplift Programme (Phase-II).
28. Institutional Support to P&D Department.
29. Establishment of Resource Centre and E Stamp introduction in Board of Revenue Newly Merged Areas.
Approved schemes of Road sector were:
30. Feasibility study of Barang Tunnel, District Bajaur (AIP)
31. Rehabilitation of Flood Damages Rural Roads under Counter Value Fund (CVF Japan Assisted)
32. Improvement of Tanai- Gulkatch Road (42 Km) (AIP)
33. F/S of Khandia Road Upper Kohistan
34. Construction of Kundiwan Weir in SW (AIP)